Ayurveda: Science of Healthy Lifestyle
A balanced and peaceful state of mind is the key aspect of well-being and longevity. And when one ponders over the idea of self-care, how can one forget the tried and tested formula of Ayurveda. The Science of Life, Ayurveda existed since the time of Indus valley civilization. During the pre and post Buddhism era, Ayurveda teachings of diagnosis and treatment were very much prevalent. Despite the fact that Ayurveda techniques are 5000 years old, it is the ancient wisdom that is widely practiced even in modern times. Ayurveda is based on Vedic knowledge and traces its origin as a upveda of Atharvaveda and Rigveda.
Ayurveda has always survived on the outskirts of society, but how this traditional healing and curing practice has become a crucial part of the main healthcare system in various countries is no mystery. Let us explore why Ayurveda is a popular affair when it comes to adopting a healthy human lifestyle.
Benefits of following Ancient Wisdom:
1. Helps in Balance of the body (functioning of doshas): There are three doshas in Ayurveda: Vatta, Pitta and Kapha. Kapha, attained pitta represents water, air and fire forces in the body. The human body is naturally capable of maintaining the balance between the said energies by proportionating these tridoshas. Law of dominance says all three doshas are present in the human body but one will dominate while others will subordinate which means; these significant doshas also define your characteristics and natural state.
2. Helps in Weight Loss: Most of us are conscious of our weight-related issues. Isn’t It?? Well, Ayurveda has got a solution to this. The science explains; what you intake in your body plays a crucial role in determining your health. Therefore, by changing diet habits one can reduce cholesterol level and remove excess fat from the tissues without gulping in medicines that can have harmful effects on health.
3. Improves Mental Health (Stressbuster): Life is supposed to have three basic elements: thought, feelings, and actions. Our modern lifestyle is leading us towards a stressful life without us even realizing its ill-effects. Breathing exercises, meditation, yoga are some of the Ayurveda techniques that can help us to reduce anxiety and lead to longevity and peaceful human life.
4. Helps in Slowing Down Aging Process: By maintaining a Balance among all 3 Doshas;vata, pitta, and Kapha, we can slow down the Aging Process. According to Ayurveda, Copper has very strong anti-oxidant and cell forming properties that fight off free radicals and help in slowing down the aging process. Ayurvedic herbs also help in developing a vibrant and dynamic mind, even as we age.
5. Boost Immune System: The immune system is described as the balance function of three subtle energies Prana, Tejas and Ojas (energy, radiance, vigor). Strong immunity is a result of a good digestion system and protects one from viruses, ailments and various diseases. Ayurveda mentions herbal supplements like Kesar, Musli, ashwagantha, Amla, lahsun, adhrak, bhasma etc.in order to trigger immunity.
6. Stronger Digestion: According to Ayurveda, digestive problems are the basis of almost all diseases including diabetes, cancer, and cardiac problems. Ayurveda recommends the following measures to keep digestion intact:
- Drink water from Copper vessel immediately after waking up.
- Eat fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Include all six tastes in your diet: sweet, salty, sour, spicy, bitter and tart.
- Chew your food well.
- Walk 1000 steps after taking dinner.
7. Reduce Cardiac Problems: Cardiac problems are preceded by the damage to the blood vessels and ultimately to the heart. Ayurveda has classified various cardiac diseases along with their symptoms, causes and healing methods as they are most often related to deviations in the Pitta energy. Meditation and yoga asanas have a very beneficial effect on these conditions.
8. Helps in Diabetes Control: Diabetes is certified as one of the most harmful global disease and its adverse effects include an increased risk of cardiac attack, kidney failure, fatigue, blurry eye vision, etc. According to Ayurveda, consuming MethiDana (fenugreek seeds), sprouts can control diabetes. Bitter ingredients like hemp seeds, bitter gourd, are also found effective in minimizing health risk.
9. Inflammation: The root cause of neurological diseases, cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular problems, pulmonary diseases, arthritis, and many others starts with inflammation. Inflammation is the result of the wrong diet and poor sleep. Ayurveda herbs play an important role in controlling inflammation.
- Turmeric- a powerful antioxidant available in every household; it can reduce inflammation.
- Boswellia is usually recommended for people suffering from acute back pain, arthritis, and bowel disease.
- Ashwagandha is recommended for the purpose of rejuvenation keeping your mind healthy and strong.
10. Helps in Detoxification: Detoxification means purifying your blood. Our body accumulates toxins on a daily basis of which certain toxins are naturally eliminated through urine, feces, and sweat. Besides, Ayurveda detox include natural methods like the herbal supplement, body therapies, cleansing, purification methods, therapeutic massage with herb-infused oil, meditation, and yoga. Obviously, inner cleanliness will get reflected in terms of radiant skin and a happy soul and Ayurveda is the perfect means of attaining it.
Our physical and mental strength allows us to do things with natural enthusiasm and Spiritual Ayurveda has been a regular contributor to it. Spirituality with the goodness of Ayurveda cleans not only our body but also our mind. Ayurvedic psycho-spirituality is based on the idea that we are all souls growing and evolving toward enlightenment. Let us get the Ayurveda Blessing by adopting it as our way of living and bring a wave of general well-being to our stressful and boredom lives.